Replacement Windows for your Home
Replacement windows are a tremendous way to save money compared to your cold, drafty windows. They also enhance the overall appearance of your home. Choosing the right windows is sometimes a little overwhelming, but it can also be exciting to spruce up your home at the same time.
Having double pane replacement windows allows a barrier between the inside of your home and the exterior by having air between two panes of glass. This helps insulate your home from hot and colds weather extremes. And at the same time, it reduces your home’s energy costs and changes its decor.
You can find replacement windows to match your home with many options: shapes, sizes, and styles. Basically, there are four types of replacement windows:
- Replacement windows will add light and style to your home
- Skylights brighten the room and adds an impressive design element
- Sliding doors are another form of replacement windows
- The slider helps you save on energy, especially in summer, because you can leave the screened portion open.
Replacement windows have several ways in which they open:
- Casement windows with vertical hinges that swing in or out by winding a handle
- Double or single hung types made of two cases that slide up and down
- Sliding windows that move horizontally
- Plain fixed form windows that don’t open at all, but let the light come in.
Of the types of windows, vinyl windows tend to be the popular choice as compared to aluminum, wood, and fiberglass. Theyare energy efficient, easy to install, and easy to maintain. They provide a high degree of insulation. The maintenance is wonderful as they practically require no maintenance due to their durable surfaces which are already stained, finished, and sealed. The exterior casing of vinyl windows resists fading or wear from ultraviolet sunlight, making them far more durable and lasting than aluminum or wood.
The ultimate replacement window is the triple-pane windows that have three pieces of glass with layers of air between them. Air absorbs heat and cold much better than glass. This will help you further reduce utility costs if you replace the air with a gas called argon.
Email or give us a call at (256) 326-4232 and we’ll gladly come out for a free consultation.